WordPress out of the box is already technically quite a good platform for SEO, this was true when I wrote my original WordPress SEO article in 2008 and it’s still true today, but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve it further! This plugin is written from the ground up by WordPress SEO consultant and WordPress developer Joost de Valk to improve your site’s SEO on all needed aspects. While this WordPress SEO plugin goes the extra mile to take care of all the technical optimization, more on that below, it first and foremost helps you write better content. WordPress SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
Post Word Count adds a sortable column to the admin’s post manager, displaying the word count for each post.
I often create new drafts in WordPress every time I get an idea to blog. The problem was I had no easy way to see which drafts I had already started working on. This plugin allows me to sort all of my posts, including my drafts, by the posts word count.
This plugin will give you full control of the
meta robots tag for each post or page.
meta robots have a direct influence to the indexing behaviour of search engines. After activation you will find it as a WordPress typical meta box on the edit page in admin area.
Reduce image file sizes and improve performance using the Smush.it API within WordPress.
- stripping meta data from JPEGs
- optimizing JPEG compression
- converting certain GIFs to indexed PNGs
- stripping the un-used colours from indexed images
Smush.it offers an API that performs these optimizations (except for stripping JPEG meta data) automatically, and this plugin seamlessly integrates Smush.it with WordPress.
W3 Total Cache: Improve site performance and user experience via caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
The most complete WordPress performance framework.
Recommended by web hosts like: MediaTemple, Host Gator, Page.ly and WP Engine and countless more.
Trusted by countless sites like: mattcutts.com, mashable.com, smashingmagazine.com, makeuseof.com, yoast.com, kiss925.com, pearsonified.com, lockergnome.com, johnchow.com, ilovetypography.com, webdesignerdepot.com, css-tricks.com and tens of thousands of others.
W3 Total Cache improves the user experience of your site by improving your server performance, caching every aspect of your site, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration.