Tabulizer is an application that allows you to add tables to your Joomla! articles easily with a consistent feel and look. This is done by letting Tabulizer to convert plain text to CSS styled HTML tables. This could be a huge time saver, especially if you are working a lot with the same type of tables, or if you want to copy table data from other documents, like MS Word and Excel.
You can define your own styles, or use one of the many predefined styles that come with the installation. In any case, you can create your own intelligent styling rules that will format your tables according to your specific needs. For instance, you can define a styling rule that says “I want the first row to have an orange background with bold white letters” or “I want every cell with value less than zero to have a yellow background”. Once the styling rules are defined, you can apply them to the creation of any new table just with a single click.
If you are not familiar with the web design concepts you can simply ask someone else to create a table template (i.e. Ruleset) for you and then simply import it via the Tabulizer panel with a single click.
Tabulizer v2.0 brings even more powerful rules that allow you to autospan cells (i.e. merge neighboring empty cells), apply formatting rules to specific cells, table rows or columns (e.g. turn all numeric values into currency amounts), do simple calculations among cells (e.g. add all the cells above).
Tabulizer v2.5 adds the possibility to search and replace text on the table cells, adds more “range” options (like module), introduces the concept of “range counter” for a finer control of row/column counting and allows the enclosure of input text into double or single quotes (very useful if the column data contain the column separator).
Tabulizer v3.0 is the latest version, that brings the following:
* Tabulizer works everywhere (modules, components, tabs) not just articles
* Re-Tabulize existing tables.
* Import data directly from an Excel file (*.xls format)
* Loose column conistency
* Improved security with user-group role assignments.
* Better conflict resolution with other extensions and settings.
* Better error reporting
The Tabulizer application consists of three Joomla extensions, namely:
* The Tabulizer Editor Plugin: This is the main plugin that adds a conversion button to the Joomla editor, allowing you to convert input text to HTML table.
* The Tabulizer Content Plugin: This plugin includes all required CSS files for the proper styling of the produced HTML tables.
* The Tabulizer component: This component enables you to browse easily the existing styling rules and to create new ones.
It’s compatible with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0