The S5 Weather Module pulls XML data from Yahoo.com and displays the weather for the current day and the upcoming 2 days along with images depicting the type weather. You can enter a zip code in the administration side and also switch between celsius and fahrenheit.
S5 Weather module screenshot as featured on the homepage:
- Enter ZIP code via admin side
- Choose celsius or fahrenheit
- Pulls weather data from Yahoo weather
For those of you living outside the US, please complete the following steps :
- 1. Drill down to your location on Yahoo Maps http://weather.yahoo.com/
- 2. Look at the address bar (If you live in Melbourne, Australia it looks like this: http://ther.yahoo.com/Melbourne-Australia/ASXX0075/forecast.html?unit=c)
- 3. Copy the region/area code found in the above URL (ASXX0075)
- 4. Next open up the weather.class.php file (../modules/mod_s5_weather) and search for the the word: ‘location’ (there are two instances) and replace with the code that you have just copied from Yahoo, save and close.
- 5. In the Admin area of the weather module simply paste the Yahoo region code into the zip code box (in this scenario: ASXX0075)