We’ve been down the jQuery “sliders” path a few times before. Once for the Auto-Playing Featured Content Slider and again for the Start/Stop slider.
Many of the concepts presented in those tutorials are the same with this slider, so I’m not going to throw a lot of source code at you this time. The big difference here is that there are buttons to change panels and the panels zoom in and out. Fun!
UPDATED Feb 16, 2009 (Chris Coyier):
- Issue with double clicking fixed. Next animation can only start when current animation is complete.
UPDATED Feb 17, 2009 (Noah Hendrix):
- Keyboard support added, arrow keys, spacebar, and enter key
- Code cleaned up, number of panels and initial widths/sizes are no longer hard coded, so easier to build upon
- Clicking on non-active left or right panels also triggers animation
Updated July 15th, 2010 (Rob G):
- Moved to GitHub
- Turned into actual plugin with more features