Image Slides can be generated automatically just by dumping images into a predefined folder, or you can use the popular XML display method – which displays slide information and links by reading from the XMl file directly. This XML method is enabled by default as a demo on install – so you can get a feel for how it works.
- New Updated Visual Layout – Based on upcomming Placebo Punk Kupo Slides Pro Template
- Multiple New Transition Effects – Slide and Fade effects on Both InfoZone and Images
- Automatic Configurable Thumb Sizing – thumbnails can be generated manually or automatically, and also managed
- XML Based Pre-Installed Demo – Making it easier to see how the XML Display Method Works
- Direct Folder Image Display Method – Just place images in a set folder and they will show up
- New Browser Specific Scripts – Specify CSS for individual browsers, helps for compatibility
- Many Module Parameters – More settings for your generated slideshows
- Real Time Image Pre-loader – loads images as you view them, saving bandwidth and load times
- Built in Updated Light Box – for opening and viewing images outside of slideshow
- Tested Cross Browser Compatible – Checked in all major browsers
- Random / Sorted Images – images can be displayed in random, or sorted in admin component
- Valid CSS and XHTML – Validated up to current web standards
- SEO Optimized Code – Optimized so search engines pick up the correct image information
Kupo Slides Free also has two commercial versions, Kupo Slides Base (Formerly Power Slide Pro, which has a comprehensive admin component and advanced module) and the new Kupo Slides Pro (Has a powerful range of features including a built in template system for example). All versions have fully commented code, are SEO optimised, and are built up to web 2.0 standards (valid CSS and valid XHTML).
Please note this is the Open Source GPL version for the Joomla Community (Kupo Slides Free) which used to be called “Power Slide Module”, this is available from the download repository at Theme Joomla.