Sitemap is very important for any website, with Joomla is dynamic CMS website, to use sitemap update daily will helps Search Engines Crawl your site.
Sitemap with google
Sitemaps are a way to tell Google about pages on your site we might not otherwise discover. In its simplest terms, a XML Sitemap—usually called Sitemap, with a capital S—is a list of the pages on your website. Creating and submitting a Sitemap helps make sure that Google knows about all the pages on your site, including URLs that may not be discoverable by Google’s normal crawling process.
the best joomla extenson Xmap is a Site map generator component for Joomla. Xmap allows you to create a map of your site using the structure of your menus.
Can download it here http://joomquery.com/joomla/joomla-extensions/5219-xmap-joomla-module.html
Some of Xmap’s features are:
Capability to create more than one sitemap with different preferences for each sitemap.
- Generation of XML sitemaps compatible with Google, Yahoo, Bing and others.
- Cache system to allow a fastest sitemap generation. Ideally for large or high traffic sites. You can enable or disable this feature independently for each sitemap.
- Exclude easily any menu item from your site map directly from the frontend
- Option to compress the XML sitemap
- Better presentation of the XML sitemap on browsers.
- Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7, and 2.5.x , 3.x
- You can specify the priority and change frequency params for each menu and now for every item in your site map.
- You can change the priority and change frequency for every item in your sitemap.
- Shows some statistical information for each sitemap:
o Las visit date.
o Number of links generated on the last visit.
o Number of visits.
* There is available a lot of plugins for the most popular components: Zoom, DOCman, VirtueMart, Fireboard, SMF, Hot Property, SOBI2, Mosets Tree, MyBlog, RSG and many others.
* Customization for each extension
How to installation and setting up joomla sitemap xml extensions.
- To check and download lastest XMAP extension
- Use joomla intaller to installtion it as component.
- Seting up it and creat menus and got URL sitemap.
Go to Extensions > Plugins and type “xmap” in the filter to give you this list and publish your xmap plugins
Next, you will want to go to Components > Xmap and click “New” to create your first sitemap.
How to submit xml sitemap to google webmaster tools
1. Login to your google webmaster tools and click to menu sitemap.
2. Click to red button called: ADD/TEST SITEMAP
add your url /index.php?option=com_xmap&sitemap=1&view=xml
To example for full URL http://joomquery.com/index.php?option=com_xmap&sitemap=1&view=xml
Test SITEMAP if sucsessful tested, you can ADD SITEMAP.
3. Back to sitemap menu to see how many URL submited, and most of them in Pending status (waitting for google to Index it)