Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Alot of people to use Joomla to build his websites.
WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL which runs on a web hosting service.
Do you ever to use joomla or wordpress and consider what is best for your website blog?
Most of them recomended that WP better than Joomla in SEO field so I decided to migrate my Joomla website with more than 10 000 articles to WordPress.
My Old Joomla and New WordPress site:
How to do that?
1. Backup your full joomla website via hosting manager or Use Akeeba backup component
2. Installation new fresh WordPress CMS in same hosting with New folder and new database example: wordpress , like that: http://joomquery.com/wordpress/
3. Download and installation FG Joomla to WordPress plugin: A plugin to migrate categories, posts, images and medias from Joomla to WordPress
4. To open your configuration.php or you can get the database settings from your Joomla website’s administration area, under Global Configuration -> Server tab.
5. Setting up your FG Joomla to WordPress plugin in your WordPress Dashboard -> Tools –> Import –> Joomla (FG)
6. Click Import content from Joomla to WordPress. The plugin will run a script and start importing your content from Joomla to WordPress.
7. During the migration, prefixes have been added to the categories slugs to avoid categories duplicates. This button will remove these prefixes which are useless after the migration. So affter Migrated please click button named: Remove the prefixes from the categories
8. If you have links between articles, you need to modify internal links. Dont forget to click Modify internal links button.
Note: Remember to click Test the connection button affter setup database.
If your browser stop without errors please refresh it till you got messages for all content IMPORTED.
Need to help? please email me: Lamvt19792003@gmail.com
This tutorial I wrote when I Migrated my website: http://joomquery.com