Joomla! 2.5 was released in January of this year and the stable version is now available to download at joomla.org. New features including automatic notifications of core Joomla! and extension updates and a powerful internal indexer and search function have brought a new realm of usability and functionality for both site administrators and users.
What you may not know is that there is a free training webinar outlining the 24 new features, and, more specifically, the core Joomla! multilingual functions available in Joomla! 2.5. One of the things that Joomla! focused on with this release is the internationalization of websites and encouraging users and website owners to create sites that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. One of the biggest barriers to that is language accessibility. The Joomla! Community has tackled that head on with the new and refined Language Manager and other multilingual capabilities now available in Joomla! 2.5.
Now, webmasters and content creators can create websites to be presented in multiple languages, without ever needing to step outside of the options available in the Joomla! core software. This is a big step forward and represents a set of capabilities that can make websites much more accessible, reaching out to a much larger audience.
The Joomla! Project is hosting a webinar to showcase these features. Jon Neubauer, a Joomla! Developer and active community member will be discussing and modeling these features at 2:30 EST (6:30 PM GMT) on Thursday, March 29th. He will be walking through the process of how to turn your site into a multi-lingual website, and he will be taking any questions from the audience in this hour-long webinar. This intermediate webinar is intended for users who possess a good understanding of core Joomla! functions. Register Now!
- A brief introduction to features new to Joomla! 2.5
- Using core Joomla! functions to drive multilingual sites
- How to assemble the Administration area to enable multilingual settings
- How to create a multilanguage landing page
- How to create a multilingual module
- How to assemble a basic menu system
- How to provide inter-language navigation for users
- How to enable auto-language detection
- How to create multi-lingual content (articles, menus, modules)
- How to create cross-language menu associations
- How to create template variations per-language
The webinar is free, and open to the public, as part of an ongoing service for the Joomla! Community provided by CloudAccess.net, the provider of the free Joomla! Demo. We hope you can Register Now! See you there!