Url rewrite is something that it is not easy to understand, it took me several attempts to get the job done, but at the end... looking at it, it does make sense :)
Let’s imagine, for our propose example, that we want to add links to the TOP MENU that will end up in a CMS PAGE and not in the CATALOG (product view).
So we create our ‘Press room’ sub category under Manage categories
Let’s say that we what to have in the TOP MENU a link called PRESS ROOM and that should open the press room page that we already created in the CMS area as a CMS Page.
as the default behavior Magento will create one Rewrite rule for every category, for every Store View, so we will end up with rewrites almost the same, only differentiating the Store View.
Let’s get to work...
First thing to do is delete the System Rule, so we choose our Rule, press edit (right side) and it will show this:
lets create a Custom Rule, conserve all values except the Target Path
ets save, and test it!
That’s it... simple right?
Now, don’t forget to do this for all Store Views if you have more than one.
- UK Delivery Shipping Table Rates
- How To Setup UPS shipping for negotiated rates
- Configuring Weight - destination shipping rates
- Magento Sitemap - steps to improve
- SEO: Improving Magento sitemap
- Creating Google Sitemaps for Magento sites
- Using Google Checkout with Magento
- Tweak PayPal Standard for Non-Supported Base Currency
- Paypal Standard Payments Setup with IPN
- PayPal Payflow Changes
Recommended Web Hosting For Bloggers and Designers
I recoomended Webhostings for Bloggers and Designers because I am freelancer, working with thousand clients in the worlds. Most of them will use those hosts.
- Fast, Reliable, Affordable
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- And More...