Stop fussing with lengthy setups; Continuum immediately works perfectly. Of course, with almost 200 theme options, you can customize it to no end. Continuum was designed and built by a die-hard blogger who has used magazine-style WordPress templates for 5+ years. It is best used for newspaper and magazine blogs, but because of all of the custom widgets, shortcodes, page templates, unique sidebars, and custom menus, it can be molded into whatever kind of site you want, like a portfolio site for example. Continuum fully supports and was designed specifically for WordPress 3.0+.
Continuum features an extensive Feed Framework which intuitively groups and displays your posts, and lets the user sort the posts several ways depending on which part of the site they are on.
- 5 Built-in Review Types – 5 discrete custom post types, each with custom-tailored categories, taxonomies, and icons. Rate things using either stars or hearts, or mix ‘n match! The review types are:
- Video Games
- 3 Custom Menus – WP 3.0+ custom menus for pages, categories, and reviews, or whatever you want!
- 19 Unique Sidebar Widget Areas – you can specify in the theme options whether or not you want to use unique sidebars for certain pages
- Lots Of Premium Magazine Features – like grid-based post layouts, “Breaking” and “In the Spotlight” sections, related posts & reviews by tags, comments, and custom taxonomies, all of which are sortable, and many other magazine-style features.
- 11 Custom Widgets –
- Email Subscribe
- Flickr Feed
- Floating Ad Blocks
- Latest Tweets
- jQuery Tabbed Pages/Categories/Archives
- jQuery Tabbed Posts/Comments/Tags
- jQuery Recent Reactions scroller (comments)
- jQuery Tabbed Review Types
- jQuery Tabbed Review Categories
- Latest Reviews
- Unwrapped Text (used for HTML or ads)