This plugin provides means to avert Brute-Force-Attacks on your Joomla-Installation. For this purpose, the plugin stores information on failed login attempts, so that when reaching a configurable number of such failed login attempts the attacker’s IP address can be blocked. Furthermore, you can configure notifications about failed logins and blocked IP addresses, as well as a variable delay for a failed login attempt.
The component included in the package will allow you to view the blocked IP addresses and add and change existing blocks, as well as viewing all failed log attempts.
In some parts, this plugin was inspired by the following plugins: Login Failed Log, Redirect Failed Logins and Ban IP Address/Range.
A big thank you to the authors of these plugins, your work is much appreciated!
New in version 0.9.11:
– Improves blocked list status output
– Common log setting with configurable log levels
– Adds ca-ES translations (thanks to nouespai)
– Adds fr-FR translations (thanks to Flying_Lolo)
– Adds nl-NL translations (thanks to Agrusoft)
– Adds es-ES translations (thanks to Aimagen)
– Optionally enable plugin only for backend or frontend
– After a configurable number of blocks the block duration can be set to permanent on the next block
– Update via automatic Joomla! update mechanism
– Warning if there is a user with username ‘admin’
– View failed login attempts in backend
– Allow viewing and editing block duration for each IP banned IP address
– Ability to test the notification
– improves Joomla! 3.x table layout
For a full list of changes in each version see the Changelog (https://github.com/codeling/bfstop/blob/master/CHANGELOG).