Akihabara Magento supports Magento CE version 1.4.1.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 and 1.7.02
Named after the famed electronics shopping district in central Tokyo, Akihabara provides a sleek, modern presentation for selling your high-tech products. Using a 960 Grid System layout, the theme clearly showcases anything from cameras to medical equipment.
The homepage provides three levels of product presentation: a main image slider, a featured products section and a secondary products section. The image slider is the first element to capture the customer’s attention with its large product images and the ability to click through slides to view more great products. Complementary to the page’s sleek design, images smoothly slide back and forth as the viewer clicks through the slideshow.
On the product pages, free Lightbox gallery integration is included to display large images of your items. Tabs at the bottom of each product page provide a compact alternative to Magento’s default layout for organizing product details. Instead of scrolling through sections of product information, the viewer simply clicks the appropriate tab. A tab may also come in handy for a product review section. Tabs can be added or deleted – you won’t be left displaying empty, unused tabs.
Aside from its alluring design and special features, Akihabara includes all the pages you need to set up your online store:
- Ultra modern, clean and clear http://960.gs/ layout.
- Plenty of “white space” for high legibility and easy reading.
- Tabbed product page puts your important info near the purchase area. Tabs only show if they contain content
- Cutting edge design looks and works great yet doesn’t interfere with showcasing your products
What You Get
This cohesive theme includes design for everything you need to launch your online store:
- Homepage with image gallery
- Category Landing Page / Product Listing Page
- Product Page with free Lightbox gallery integration included
- Register / Sign In Page
- My Account Pages
- Shopping Cart Page
- Checkout Page
- Content Page template
- Detailed documentation
- Uses Helvetica font. Akihabara logo uses Luxury font which is not free but is not used elsewhere in the theme.
Help Is At Hand!
Need a little help? » Post a comment to us here on this page.
Want us to do the heavy lifting for you? » We can do that, please contact us directly via our Profile page (you must be logged in to view the email form on the right side) and we’ll be in touch shortly!
Version 1.1 – 2011/08/25 – Updated to Magento 220.127.116.11
Version 1.0 – 2010/06/21 – inception!