Kunena Joomla forum extensions
Kunena – The leading Joomla forum component. Downloaded more than 2,500,000 times in nearly 4 years since its start. The only forum/discussion solution for Joomla that is community driven – true open source – public self-help forums, GitHub and documentation Wiki.
The Kunena team has now released Kunena 2.0.3 for J! 1.5 and J! 2.5. K 2.0.3 is a security and maintenance release that addresses over 75 issues that were reported since the last version release. The Kunena team recommends this updated version as a replacement for any earlier version of Kunena.
Details about K 2.0.3 are contained in the Kunena 2.0.3 release notes: http://docs.kunena.org/index.php/Kunena_2.0.3_Read_Me
Although K 2.0.3 is only a minor dot-point release, there are enough changes in behaviour between this version and the previous release (K 2.0.2) that make it essential for people to read the release notes before upgrading. Reading the release notes will better prepare you for changes to the way Kunena now works.
As a security response against possible XSS attacks, K 2.0.3 makes all previous versions of Kunena obsolete and no longer supported by the team. We encourage all users to upgrade to this new version as soon as possible to avoid the possibility that your forum’s operations may be compromised as a result of this issue.
With the release of K 2.0.3 out of the way, the team will now be able to focus attention on the development of K 3.0. The essential differences between K 3.0 and K 2.0 are
K 2.0 cannot be used with J! 3.0
K 3.0 will not support J! 1.5
K 3.0 will support J! 2.5 and J! 3.0
Ninjaboard marks a new generation in native Joomla forums, it is one of the easiest to use, yet most powerful forums and without a doubt the best looking one! Say goodbye to buggy, hard to use, ugly, table based forums forever.
* Totally new codebase takes advantage of modern coding practices for less bugs, higher security, and best of all greater ease of use.
* Codename “Chameleon” auto-skinning engine, adapts the look and feel of your forum to any Joomla! template making it look fantastic without any hacking.
* Powerful permissions system. Create custom usergroups, and optionally assign users to multiple usergroups. Decide who see’s what with ease.
* Integrates with Joomla! core. Users, Search, Breadcrumbs, Localization, SEF and more. No more confusing, ugly “do it yourself” solutions like other forums.
* Update Ninjaboard right from the dashboard. Allowing you to keep your site up to date, even when you’re on the go.
* Access control over different forums.
* Topic icons by Parthiban Mohanraj (http://bit.ly/Tf9Y), exclusively for Ninjaboard (http://ninjurl.com/PNTWB) .
* Clean HTML output, no tables for layout! Switch avatar location or change anything without hacking any templates
* Supports Joomla! html layout overrides. Meaning you can customize at will if you want to. (but it looks so good out of the box no one needs to…)
* Built in converters. Currently supports Kunena 1.6, phpBB3 (bridged) and Ninjaboard 0.5. More coming soon!
* Sample data is optional, and imported on the same screen you import data from other forums. So you can get started right away.
* Multiple settings profiles. Optionally assign profiles to menu items. Meaning you can have multiple *different* forums on one site. No other forum does this!
* Beautiful and intuitive UI. Setting up a forum has never been this simple or fun.
* Customizable dashboard. Two module positions at your disposal for forum stats or notifications.
* Built to take advantage of the new Nooku 0.7 framework.
Chameleon template engine
Ninjaboard comes with a game-changing template engine, which supports a new technique called ‘auto-skinning’.
It’s capable of blending with any template you install in your site and simply takes on the style of your site.
As a direct result of using Nooku Framework, everything in Ninjaboard’s code can be manipulated, extended and changed in any way you want and anywhere you like without hacking anything.
* PHP 5.2.0 or later.
* MySQL with MySQLi PHP extension. (mysqli means “MySQL improved”, gives access to new features in MySQL 4.1 and above).
* MySQL v5.0.41 or later.
* Suhosin users need to add tmpl:// to their protocol whitelist.
Discussions is a forum extension for Joomla! 2.5 (and J1.7).
It’s a forum which offers a basic feature set + some cool stuff that you might have looked for. Best of all, it’s free so just go and check it out.
Changelog Discussions 1.5:
– Joomla! 2.5 (and J1.7) only! (no J1.5 version)
– Private Messaging built-in
Changelog Discussions 1.4.1:
– This a security release which fixes an sql injection vulnerability.
Changelog Discussions 1.4:
– Added basic ACL support (Configure/Access component) (J1.7)
– Select to display username or name in the frontend
– Solved a backend name conflict with other extensions
– Replies now have a h4 tag
– Login row (“Please login or register”) now optional
– Added Google+ field in user profile
– Code for social media buttons and HTML boxes now have an own dashboard tab
– Added index.html to all directories to make it JED compliant
– Bug fixes and optimizations especially for the Joomla! 1.7 version
Some of the features:
– Built-in private messaging
– User profile with avatar, signature, city, country, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and more
– Image upload (show as browser popup, Slimbox, RokBox)
– AEC support. Configure which AEC plans are allowed to upload images
– Flickr images embedded in posts (jump to flickr or view in Slimbox)
– YouTube videos embedded in posts
– Language files for frontend and backend. English and German included.
– SEO settings. Overwrite standard settings for title, description and keywords
– Configurable date and time format
– Rookie mode. Configure how many posts of a new registered user will be moderated
– Send email to Moderators if a moderated user or rookie writes a post
– Boxes for social media code (e.g. Twitter, Facebook,…) below thread title
– HTML boxes at the top and bottom of the pages e.g. for banner code
– Places for forum specific banners (top and bottom)
– Private forums. Only visible for moderators
Visit the community forum: http://www.codingfish.com/forums
BTW There you can see Discussions in action.
I primarily develop Discussions for my own online community italobikes.com where it handles far more than 200.000 posts so you can be sure that it works. I give it away for FREE but I do NOT give support.
Achim Fischer aka Codingfish
Agora Pro is the latest and greatest iteration of the popular bulletin board solution for Joomla. Rewritten from the ground up, Agora Pro (version 4.0 and greater) supports both Joomla 2.5 and 1.5, and is built with forward compatibility in mind as Joomla releases new versions.
Agora Pro uses an MVC architecture common among the highest-quality Joomla extensions and leverages the modular nature of Joomla to provide a suite of add-ons that allow users to customize the bulletin board features to match their needs.
Agora Pro includes many features expected in a modern bulletin board such as forum and board announcements, post attachments, new post notifications, RSS feeds and aggregation, censoring, user ranks, user feedback or ‘likes’ as well as ‘, post moderation and ratings, polls, private messaging and social bookmarks.
Agora Pro also includes 1-click migration from Agora 3.0.15.
Unlike other bulletin board solutions, Agora Pro is commercially supported and backed by some of the most respected names in the industry so you can be confident that you will get the support you need.
Joo!BB stands for Joomla! Bulletin Board. It is a highly customizable, fully Joomla! integrated forum software based on Joo!CM (Joomla! Community Manager). For the installation latest Joomla version is strongly recommended.
You will find a documentation of how to migrate the components from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 on the Joo!BB page. Please read the migration documentation carefully. This way you will avoid frustration.
Please read install/update information available on Joo!BB’s page carefully before processing!
Installation pack for Joomla 1.5 includes:
– Joo!CM Component 1.0.0 Phobos Stable (required)
– Joo!BB Component 1.0.0 Phobos Stable (required)
– Latest/Popular Posts and Topics Plugin 1.0.9 (optional)
Installation pack for Joomla 2.5 includes:
– Joo!CM Component 1.1.2 Deimos Stable (required)
– Joo!BB Component 1.1.2 Deimos Stable (required)
– Latest/Popular Posts and Topics Plugin 1.1.1 (optional)
– Avatars and profiles for site members
– Moderation of forums, topics and posts
– Access control for each forum
– Joomla! user integration
– And many more…
On this way I want especially thanks Jeff Hetrick and Olaf Dryja for a really good job. I also want to thanks the programmers Rainer and Ramses aka Andy for great innovations and the source code! Great job! And of course all other guys in the Community providing me with “usefull” information and possible “solutions”.
I started this project because at this time there was only one more or less good forum software called Firebaord for Joomla. It’s nice to see there are more practicable solutions now. Competition is very important. Both, Commercial as well as Open Source Projects. If you feel Joo!BB is not the right solution for you, please have a look at the other forum solutions. 🙂
We are proud to announce the first release of the new ChronoForums extension.
The new forums extension is compatible with Joomla! 1.6 and later only, it was built using the capabilities of both ChronoForms and ChronoConnectivity, making it much easier to expand the extension’s built in features and the database structure.
The frontend of the new forums is almost identical to that of the popular open source phpBB V3 forums, making it possible to use any of the phpBB themes available with minimal changes.
You must have the latest versions of both ChronoForms and ChronoConnectivity installed in order to be able to use the ChronoForums extension on your website.
The first version should be considered as a BETA, it doesn’t have too much features yet but has all the basic stuff of a basic forums script, please test and let us know your thoughts! 🙂